3/19/12

Tuck Me Away In The Woods and I'll Change The World

I simply cannot stop dreaming of that sweet little cottage in the woods that will someday be mine.


 Especially now that the bleeding hearts are pushing through the leaf litter and last year's kale, mizuna, and parsley have decided to stick around for another year.  It's the warm rains and the green and the mushrooms that follow that make me long for my own slice of land...equal parts forest and meadow and the most kind neighbors, living just out of sight and earshot.  In this little pocket of heaven, I will be safe from the madness of political idiocy and the sort of shocking ignorance that seems to be so ubiquitous when one isn't tucked away in their own little space of love in the forest.

I know.  It sounds like isolationism and pie in the sky denial.  But I long for community!  For neighborly visits and weekend farmers markets and local fiber shops.  Maybe I belong in other place.  Possibly another time, but I'm aware that this utopia of my imagination doesn't exist so perfectly anywhere and probably hasn't existed for quite some time.  Which is precisely what drives the push to find my domain...my kingdom of green vines and winding paths that always lead back to the hearth where a good meal is always simmering.


It's quantum physics which leads my course of reasoning.  I've been trying to think of a good way to explain all this to someone who knows nothing about it...and knows nothing about the evolution of my mind.  Old friends seem to be stuck somewhere about eight years back for me and just can't seem to catch up or relate to anything I'm saying so it's a project of mine to try and retrace my formative steps.  How did I arrive at the conclusion that isolating myself from the madness will reign in a new era where my wistful visions of the future actually come to pass?  It's been a long journey.  It just might make a good blog project.  An odd one.  But a good one.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...